Follow @RileyBanach

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Who's behind the scenes?



           This post is a huge thank you to everyone in the medical field patients probably take for granted.  Dr. Greenwald did a great job on my surgery, he put in the time (most likely a couple all nighters in med school) to sharpen his skills to make him the best surgeon he can be.  But he did not do it alone, he had a staff, nurses, someone filling out paperwork, someone prepping rooms, the list goes on.  And there is one thing that I didn’t even think of about my surgery.
            That one aspect about my surgery that I didn’t think of was the tools and equipment that he used during the operation.  I was under the assumption that all his tools were sterilized or cleaned very well, and then used for the next patient.  That isn’t the case.  Dr. Greenwald probably (if I was a betting man I would put money on this) used a UCL instrument set.
            When I asked him about the tools he used, I asked him questions like, did someone sell you this or that instrument/medical tool just for this procedure?  I was way off in my thinking.  It was much more simple than that.  Dr. Greenwald has a business relationship with a company called Arthrex.  Arthrex is a company whose mission is to help surgeons treat their patients better.  They most likely gave my doctor, and many others, peace of mind knowing that their product would be in the operating room when they needed it and it would the right tools for the job.
            Arthrex is a big “behind the scenes” teammate of orthopedic surgeons.  They are a world leading medical device company who strives to be a pioneer and leader in their field.  They are making a complex job easier to do for professionals.  This company was behind the scenes of my surgery and they definitely made a difference to me, they deserve a thank you as well.
A UCL instrument Kit used by many doctors.

            Arthrex works with doctors to deliver the best quality products that will ultimately affect one of there millions of patients, like me.  In my case, a UCL instrument kit has screws, drill bits, and other very useful pieces of equipment that doctors use.  Dr Greenwald used them all to perfection.  Until next time, laugh often, with everyone, but never at someone.
Riley Banach
Check out their website http://www.arthrex.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment