Follow @RileyBanach

Friday, October 11, 2013

The best medicine #3, Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!


 
Happy Birthday to my Mom!!!!!!
           Today is my Mom’s birthday.  This is a post about the best medicine out there in the world, laughter.  I love my mom, this is a story about my first year of high school wrestling and an incident which made me question whether or not my Mom was cheering for me, or against me . . .
            Here is a little background on the match, I am the last JV match of the night before varsity comes.  It is my freshman year of high school, and I all of a sudden on the other mat there is a pin.  Which means I am on center stage so to speak.  Parents are there, and some are still filing in.  The gym is getting a little quiet waiting for varsity to start.
            As the match goes underway I give up a stalling call early in the match, for whatever reason I wasn’t focused in the opening minute of the match.  The second and third period I came firing back and build my lead to something to the tune of 20-8, if you know anything about wrestling, the match is basically over.
            So after the last takedown I cut him, I let him go and gave him a point.  The score is 20-9 now.  There are fifteen seconds left.  I have the win, I have “checked out” mentally.  In the second row behind the score table with ten seconds left is where my mom is sitting.  She has been watching the whole time, and knows I am going to win, with ten seconds left, I hear “quit stalling,” come from her direction.  A few moments after words, the referee calls me for stalling and awards my opponent another point and I won 20-10.  Thanks Mom!!!!!!!!
Had to add this one, a big thank you to my sister in this one!!!!

            My mom has always been there for me, I love her.  Later in high school I said that in an interview, that scored me a ton of points in the brownie category.  I hope she has an awesome birthday!!!!  I get to see her tomorrow.
Until next time, laugh hard, laugh with everyone but never at someone.
Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment